Marine Conservation Adventure
Flights and Insurance
The program commencement date is the arrival day and the last day of the program is the departure day.
Arrival and departure for the Cambodia Marine Conservation Adventure
is Phnom Penh airport.
The cost of getting to and from the program is not included in the program cost. Also the cost of getting to and from your home city to the departure airport is not included in the price. This is an additional cost and you should check out how much it will add to the flight costs.
Travel insurance is compulsory.You can purchase your own, you can buy it online or you can speak to your travel consultant who will be able to assist in arranging an appropriate policy.
It is recommended to purchase travel insurance as soon as you've been accepted for your program or at least by the time you pay your Progress Payment or book your flights. It is important when volunteering abroad to ensure that your policy includes emergency medical evacuation as well as program and flight cancellation.
ROV does not recommend any particular policy or provider however we do suggest that you check the policy you intend to purchase and make sure it has at least the following benefits;
- $5,000,000.00 Overseas medical costs (minimum)
- $500,000.00 Emergency medical transport and repatriation (minimum)
- Cancellation costs $3,500.00
- Trip interruption costs $2,500.00
Arrival & Departure airport
Phnom Penh international airport.
Departure airport for extensions
For any extensions either before or after your program, please check ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE and AIRPORT details with email@example.com
Group pick up times from Phnom Penh
- 10am-12pm, 4pm-6pm & 9.30pm-10.30pm on the day your program commences.
- If you are landing outside these pick times you have a number of options.
a) Wait at the airport for the next group pick up.
b) Arrange, prior to your departure for Cambodia, for an ROV team member to meet you at the airport. This may incur an additional cost and not all arrival times can be catered for.
c) Contact, prior to your departure for Cambodia, the ROV office for the different transport methods and costs of getting to the accommodation. Transport methods include airport shuttle or taxi.
Group drop off times from Phnom Penh
- 10am or 4pm on the final day of the program.
- Alternate times can be arranged but may incur an additional cost.
Accommodation in Phnom Penh
- All on ground transport organised by ROV.
- One trip to and one trip from the island
- Training to required PADI standard
- All necessary diving equipment to carry out required tasks.
- Qualified trainers.
- All materials and equipment for use on the projects.
- Beach party (weather permitting).
Approximately 20 per group.
All meals and accommodation on the island.
Public bus, local vehicles, boat to island and boats for use in diving.
Hut accommodation. Multi-share.
Maybe two hundred dollars for gifts for those at home and occasional items for refreshment after a day's work.
Whilst good results can be achieved on the two week program your skills will be significantly enhanced and your productivity increased by staying on the island for four weeks.