I am Cori, one of the team leaders for the Elephant Sanctuary and Village Development program this summer! I just arrived here in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap eager to pick up all of the volunteers at the airport tomorrow. Be on the lookout for me in my Reach Out Volunteer shirt & ROV sign. More than likely I will have pink shorts on, because I am always wearing pink.
Here are a few quick quirky facts about myself:
• I am from the Golden State California but am lucky enough to study at Colorado State University GO RAMS!
• I have an addiction to coffee (like 4-6 cups a day kind of addiction)
• I taught Ellen DeGeneres how to take selfies (In case you don’t know what I am talking about watch this – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsSWj51uGnI)
• I am the biggest advocate for unscheduled dance breaks!
• My favorite thing to do to pass time is to tell stories
• Volunteering & people are my passion
• I am a cheerleader through and through: you can expect peppy, loud & energetic ALL the time
• My first time abroad was with Reach Out doing the South Africa volunteer program.
I am thrilled to meet every single one of you all! I promise you will get your dollars worth and have the best two weeks, while possibly saving all of the world’s problems!
Parents, family members & friends thank you for letting me share this incredible opportunity with your volunteer. I cannot wait to write our daily blogs so you feel just as much a part of this wonderful program!